Thursday, January 01, 2009

Resolve.




Okay, putting aside for a moment the sublime cliche that is New Year's Resolution season, I'm going to make a simple one that I think applies across the board: resolution itself.

I've come to the conclusion that most anything can be accomplished by ingenuity mingled with a great amount of sheer will. Getting a job after graduation, maintaining my stable relationship, finding a decent place to live, continuing to wade into the waters of community theatre, reconnecting with and fostering old friends and expanding my network of people, all of these can happen with simple willpower and energy.

I therefore resolve to have resolve. When I commit to something, I will follow through on it, regardless of what it may be.

Photo courtesy of Flickr user vaXzine.

No comments:

Post a Comment